Company Profile - CARite Corporate LLC
Our purpose is to provide better cars, a better experience and peace of mind to all CARite customers, regardless of their credit history. With a wide selection of vehicles, haggle-free pricing and multiple financing options available at each location, customers can shop with true peace of mind. In addition to operating Company-owned stores, CARite also offers select independently owned dealerships the opportunity to partner with them under the CARite brand. CARite was founded by industry veteran Don Foss in 2011. There are currently 24 CARite dealerships in 9 states.
General Manager/Store Leader
General Manager/Store Leader
CARite Corporate LLC
Louisville, KY, United States
The Store Leader ensures the profitability of the dealership by overseeing the various departments which include variable operations (sales & financing), fixed operations (service & parts), and the business office (accounting & administration). Duties of the Store Leader include, but certainly not limited to, planning, motivating and coordinating the dealership's management through leadership and solid business practices. Store Leaders must have: At least 3 years of dealership sales management experience in a supervisory position and a minimum of 5 years as a General Manager in a high volume dealership. Experience in other dealership departments is a plus. They must have strong leadership and organizational skills, and the ability to understand profit and loss statements and manage a large, diverse staff.
- Hiring all leadership positions for the site, completing performance evaluations regularly and developing short and long-term goals for each department manager (includes administrative, sales, parts, collision and service departments).
- Planning and developing short and long-term goals and objectives annually, and submitting time projections to corporate management for approval.
- Effectively communicating with the comptroller/office manager on a weekly basis to review departmental forecasts and ensure consistency with annual projections.
- Paying close attention to daily operations, recommending and creating improved courses of action where necessary.
- Explaining the policies and procedures of the dealership to all employees and following up with employees to ensure that these issues are understood and followed.
- Providing dealership management with weekly reports on the financial condition of the dealership.
- Overseeing the monthly financial statement to ensure it is complete, accurate and submitted on time to the management/dealership owners.
- Coordinating with the business/administrative office to ensure that records and analyses are correctly maintained.
- Creating a good working relationship with lending institutions and manufacturer personnel and maintaining these relationships.
- Coordinating regular meetings with the managers of each department to ensure their profitability and efficiency.
- Overseeing the hiring and training of all department managers.
- Maintaining an enthusiastic attitude to build positive employee attitudes and morale.
- Overseeing and maintaining compensation plans for all employees.
- Creating cost-effective advertising programs and merchandising strategies for the dealership.
- Focusing on any customer complaints that department managers are unable to rectify and taking the necessary steps to resolve these complaints.